GPRA Goes Wireless!
The GPRA announced that computer users can now access the internet, at the airport, via the wireless service. The wireless network was installed to allow the general public access to the internet. "Today, everyone has to make the best use of their time. Being able to use the internet, while waiting to board a plane, can save time and even money," stated Solomon Balraj, Director of Airports. With just a few easy steps computers, PDAs, or any other type of device that allows internet usage, can have wireless access. While there are many devices to access the internet, the configuration steps are similar.
To use the wireless access, you must first install the wireless adapter using the instructions supplied with the card.
1. Once the card is installed, open the wireless client utility.
2. Click on the Add button under Preferred Networks.
3. In the Network name (SSID) field type GPRA. Note: It is critical that it is entered EXACTLY as shown to include capital letters.
4. Check the "Data Encryption" (WEP enabled) box.
5. In the Network key box, type the following: 0102030405060708090a0b0c0f (Type these keys EXACTLY as shown above! These are zeros, NOT the letter "O")
6. Click "OK"
7. Leave all other settings to default.
8. After rebooting your laptop, you should be connected and ready to browse the internet.
If you have any questions, please call Sandi Gebhardt at (309) 697-8272 ext. 125 or email at email@example.com